[MCR] Rockies, Bow Summit

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Mar 16 21:00:32 EDT 2012

I had planned on leading a ski tour to Crowfoot Pass today, March 16th, but decided to give it a miss while driving through 15 centimetres of new snow on the highway, which added up to 30 centimetres in the last 24 hours, or so, in my mind. We moved onto Bow Summit where the skiing was great. We dug a pit and I was pleased to find 220 centimetres of snow and no reaction on the Valentines surface hoar (down 90 centimetres) on a compression test. Snowed lightly and sporadically through the day and was snowing about 1 centimetre an hour when we drove away. The Bow Summit parking lot has not been plowed out as of late and attempting to drive in will result in getting stuck for all but monster trucks.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com