[MCR] Whistler backcountry

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Mar 16 23:21:02 EDT 2012

We were able to get into the Whistler backcountry this afternoon, skiing the backside of Flute. Well over a meter of storm snow that is settling but still is somewhat upside down with weaker snow below a bit of a firmer surface. Still outstanding skiing though and we did not see much for signs of instability or the big winds they have had recently. No whumpfs or cracking and no avalanches visible with ok but not great visibility. In the ski area it looked like they were getting mostly small avalanches with explosives control and ski cutting.

Mark Klassen
ACMG/IFMGA Mountain Guide
Banff-Lake Louise, Canada
web/ alpinism.com

Sent from my mobile device for which I refuse to advertise