[MCR] what does a size 4 look like?

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Mar 18 10:07:33 EDT 2012

I have just posted a message on the Canadian Avalanche Centre's forecaster blog: http://www.avalanche.ca/cac/bulletins/forecaster-blog

There's photos impressive photos of a recent size 4 avalanche that took out a thick band of mature timber. Also discussion about data from yesterday and where I think we are headed with the current conditions. It's going to be a tricky few days. Don't let better weather and clear, sunny skies influence you to make a poor terrain choice right now-it's going to be difficult but discipline and a conservative approach to the mountains is going to be necessary for a few days yet.

Karl Klassen - Manager, Public Avalanche Warning Service
Canadian Avalanche Centre kklassen at avalanche.ca<mailto:kklassen at avalanche.ca>