[MCR] Rockies, Hidden Dragon, Candle Stick Maker

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Nov 21 10:20:40 EST 2012

I climbed Hidden Dragon and Candle Stick Maker in the fine company of my buds, Mark and Juan, yesterday, November 20th. Very little snow in the Ghost and driving in was easy, but that is changing as I type. Both routes were in good shape, and took the full spectrum of ice screw lengths although we didn't need stubbies. The first pitch of CSM took some ambitious cleaning to find decent screws and placements. The top-out of CSM was a fragile crust over babbling water and a tad spicy. There is a double pin and bolt anchor up and climber's left of the top-out, about 7 metres up.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com