[MCR] Mt Robson, Kain Face

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Sep 11 23:02:31 EDT 2012

Hello Folks,

I have just returned from climbing Mt Robson via the Kain route with two gentlemen on Sat.the 8th. Conditions we're over all excellent at the time. The Labour day long weekend storm snow had almost completely settled out, although we woke to 5cm of new snow on Monday morning at the Extinguisher camp, approx 7800'. So It would be safe to assume with the continued snow fall through Monday evening that snow accumulations have reached the tipping point. The snow line had crept down to approx. 4000' by Tues. morning.

We avoided the mouse trap by using the ridge to the Resplendent/Robson col which is straight forward but exposed with 1 rappel or easy 5th class depending on which direction you are going. I have attached a couple of photo's of the mouse trap from Resplendent, it's falling apart!

All the best,

Jeff Bullock
Climbing, Skiing, Custom Mountain Adventures
IFMGA/ACMG Certified Mountain Guide
CAA Pro Member
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
www.alpineairadventures.com