[MCR] Mulvey Basin, southern Selkirks

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Sep 15 12:33:12 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Fellow mountain guide Bob Sawyer and I were up on Gimli peak yesterday working on a new route. We enjoyed comfortable alpine temperatures, good views and dry rock.

Conditions on all south facing alpine rock routes in the Mulvey basin area are still very good at the moment. The little bit of fresh snow from early last week has melted off on all solar aspects. There is still some lingering new snow (<5cm) on sloping ground and ledges on true north aspects above 2300m.

As per usual, the south facing routes are the place to be at this time of year. The long range weather forecast is excellent and these conditions should persist into next week-end.

Cheers,

David Lussier
acmg-ifmga mountain guide
www.summitmountainguides.com