[MCR] hydrophobia/Waiperous

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Apr 1 11:45:35 EDT 2013

I guided Hydrophobia yesterday March 31. The road in was ok with a high clearance 4X4 vehicle. We left my Tacoma at the creek crossing before the hill and walked from there (1.5 hrs walk to base). Luckily on the way back we got a ride with a pathfinder who had a winch and we had to use it. In the PM, the road out where we left my truck was a river.

The route itself was in pretty good shape except a section on the last pitch had aerated ice, which was hard to protect (the gear was good, just had to work hard to find it) and didn't gave huge confidence in the tool placements.

Cryophobia was falling apart in the PM.

Marco Delesalle
Mountain Guide
www.greatdividemountaineering.com