[MCR] Assiniboine

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Aug 5 12:35:27 EDT 2013

Hello

We climbed Mt. Assiniboine on Saturday August 3rd under perfect conditions. There is an armada of fixed anchors currently and the route itself is snow free with no need for an axe or crampons.

We accessed from Settlers Road via 93S and the road to the Baymag mine has been fixed and is passable with a normal car. Other parties were parking before the first bridge on the Aurora Creek road and it looked like it would only add a couple of kilometres to get to the trailhead. A big thanks to whoever fixed the first bridge after the floods.

The Hind hut is currently in great shape.

Have fun!

Mike Stuart
Mountain Guide
Mike at CanadianAlpineGuides.com