[MCR] Ghost River Valley

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Aug 22 10:40:51 EDT 2013

Spent the past 4 days guiding in the Ghost. The road to the top of the big hill is very pot holed and slow going. The big hill has been graded and is in easy shape.

Access to the south Ghost is in great shape. My guest drove his Subaru Outback in without too much trouble. There is no water at the camp spot near the park boundary, closest waterhole is near the base of the big hill.

Driving to the North Ghost is forever changed from the flooding. We drove within a 10min walk of the old campsite below Wully Wall. It wasn't a big issue with a bit of route finding, though a truck with skid plates and a bit of extra clearance helped. Driving beyond this point looked to be more of a challenge.

We climbed Macadamia, Bonanza and Consolation. Other than more dirt than normal on the final pitches of Bonanza, all climbs are in fine shape.

Jason Billing
Alpine Guide/Apprentice Ski Guide
Yamnuska Mountain Adventures