[MCR] Rockies: Hungabee

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Aug 22 20:01:31 EDT 2013

Steve and I climbed Hungabee via the normal west ridge/face route. We wanted to do the new west ridge direct variation but it was too cold to do so with below zero temperatures until mid morning yesterday.

The mountain is nearly all dry. Minimal exposure to rockfall from the west face snow patch. One gully on the upper mountain holds snow and spit a few rocks down in the afternoon but we avoided that except for one very short section.

Rap anchors are in decent shape, all things considered.

There are snow patches adjacent to all the bivi sites.

Mark Klassen
ACMG/IFMGA Mountain Guide
Banff-Lake Louise, Canada