[MCR] Rockies, Moonlight Falls, Haffner, The Professor Falls.

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Feb 13 19:35:55 EST 2013

Feb 11th I guided Moonlight Falls. Great track in there. The climb is in good shape. Bring extra draws, I clipped 7 Abalakovs as protection on the first pitch.

Feb 12th I guided in Haffner Creek. We climbed the traditional mixed line that is climber's left of the first ice flow by about 10 metres. The slabby dihedral on the left takes small finger sized TCUs and I wish that I hadn't left most of them in my pack (the pitch ends at a two bolt and chain anchor). The area is in great shape overall.

Today, Feb 13th, I guided The Professor Falls. We were able to ride mountain bikes all the way to the bottom of the drainage (my guest was good on a bike). The climb is huge and blue and getting huger. We walked off of the top pitch and did the scrambling descent with one 25 metre rappel. Nowhere to start an avalanche anywhere we were today.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com