[MCR] Snivelling Gully

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Jan 3 21:01:41 EST 2013

To echo Marco's note on the sun, we dodged some hangfire today as well.  Nothing as big as what he endured, but enough to have us turn around.  We started on Weeping Wall left, but eventually traversed over to Snivelling Gully.  The sun was packing a punch and soon many snow mushrooms were releasing along with some icicles. Nothing really big, but enough to push a leader off and gain more mass on its way.
Seems like the cold and clear nights along with the later heat of the sun is creating some bullet proof ice in the mornings too!

Sarah Hueniken
ACMG Alpine Guide
www.sarahhueniken.com