[MCR] Rockies, Aquarius and Rainbow Serpent

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Jan 5 22:15:51 EST 2013

I guided an ascent of Aquarius and Rainbow Serpent today, Jan 5th. The drive in and out of the ghost was easy, very little in the way of drifts and good hard packed vehicle tracks. The creek at the first blue bridge was on the rise when we drove out.

Some wet ice on the way to Aquarius, but the route itself is dry and in good shape.

Fearful Symmetry has fallen down.

Rainbow Serpent is dry and in good shape. The first pillar is solid and offers reasonable protection. The second pillar has poorer protection and less secure climbing on lacy ice.

I didn't see anywhere near enough snow to create an avalanche in our travels today.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com

Rainbow Serpent, Jan 5th: