[MCR] Rockies, King Creek

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Jan 14 19:30:19 EST 2013

I guided in King Creek today, Jan 14th. All the routes are in good shape. We climbed a second pitch to a tree on the first flow. The chain anchor at the top of the first pitch here is within 8 cms of disappearing into the ice (we belayed on ice about 5 metres above that chain anchor).

With the temps rising tomorrow and an inversion possible and clear skies I would keep a close eye on the avalanche paths that runout into the creek, especially the west facing ones on the way out later in the day. My guests and I carried avalanche beacons, probes and shovels for our trip in there today.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com