[MCR] unsubscribe

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Jul 17 10:43:20 EDT 2013

________________________________
From: Public Mountain Conditions Report <mcr at informalex.org>
To: mcr at informalex.org
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 12:24:23 PM
Subject: [MCR] Yamnuska West End, Bow Valley, Alberta

I guided a rambling quest to reach the Pony Express/Western Union prow on the West End of Yamnuska on July 14th.  On the journey we encountered what I would judge to be a significant quantity of new, large loose features on the West End.  Especially concerning to me was a huge flake that makes up the right wall of the second pitch chimney of Unnamed route, which has now completely detached and is resting precariously against a chockstone.  This week I also observed a large number of people arriving at the base of popular multi-pitch crags without their helmets already on.  In a game of rock-paper-skull, rock always wins!
Brad Cooke
ARG

via
Peter Tucker
Executive Director
B: +1.403.949.3587
M: +1.403.689.4324
ed at acmg.ca  |  www.acmg.ca

These observations and opinions are those of the person who submitted them. The ACMG and its members take no responsibility for errors, omissions, or lapses in continuity. Conditions differ greatly over time and space due to the variable nature of mountain weather and terrain. Application of this information provides no guarantee of increased safety. Do not use the Mountain Conditions Report as the sole factor in planning trips or making decisions in the field.
See http://acmg.ca/mcr for more information.