[MCR] Yamnuska West End, Bow Valley, Alberta

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Jul 16 14:24:23 EDT 2013

I guided a rambling quest to reach the Pony Express/Western Union prow on
the West End of Yamnuska on July 14th. On the journey we encountered what I
would judge to be a significant quantity of new, large loose features on the
West End. Especially concerning to me was a huge flake that makes up the
right wall of the second pitch chimney of Unnamed route, which has now
completely detached and is resting precariously against a chockstone. This
week I also observed a large number of people arriving at the base of
popular multi-pitch crags without their helmets already on. In a game of
rock-paper-skull, rock always wins!

Brad Cooke

ARG

via