[MCR] Rockies - Weeping Wall, Left Hand Route

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Mar 12 19:23:33 EDT 2013

Hey there,
Up 2 pitches to the belay on the Left Hand Route while guiding on the Weeping Wall yesterday. 1 other party on the Right Side when we arrived. Big change between overnight and daytime temps (16˚ change) had the route settling a lot while leading it, 1 fracture opening up at least an inch or so, midway up the 2nd pitch. Gave the last pitch a miss, as when the sun came around and hit the route all we could hear was the unpleasant sound of more frequent settlements and features collapsing underneath the thinner ice features.
Right side and the centre look like they're in a lot better shape.
Have a good one.
Mike TrehearneCloud Nine Guides
Trip Photos @ www.facebook.com/cloudnineguides