[MCR] Nirvana Pass Pantheon Range Coast Mtns

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Mar 26 20:56:27 EDT 2013

Guided a group from a base camp at Nirvana Pass March 18-23. We were the
first group in there this season. We skied the Siva Glacier, Astarte
Glacier, Septentrion Glacier, Vishnu Glacier-Byamee Loop and Juno Basin
. Conditions were still winter-like with temperatures below freezing
throughout the day and the coldest morning being -17C. Good powder
skiing on most aspects. A storm mid-week brought 20cms of new snow with
some wind resulting in a natural avalanche cycle on northerly aspects.
Coverage seemed a bit lower than I remember in the past, and ridges and
moraines were wind stripped. The height of snow at the pass was about
200cm and 250-280cm on sheltered areas of the glaciers.

We dug down to water in one of the tributaries of Colwell creek near our
camp. Wolverines were everywhere, but left our camp alone.

A great week with a fun group in an amazing location.

--
Craig Evanoff
ACMG Ski Guide

--
Craig Evanoff
Dezaiko Lodge and Alpine Adventures
info at dezaiko.com <mailto:info at dezaiko.com>
www.dezaiko.com <http://www.dezaiko.com/>
250-962-5272
Box 2791 Prince George BC Canada V2N 4T6
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dezaiko-Alpine-Adventures/277417978983716