[MCR] Murchison Falls

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Nov 22 20:32:56 EST 2013

Today, friend Nathalie and I climbed Murchison Falls.

The approach slope right of the climb has slid recently to sz 1. There was evidence of wind effect in the bowl.

The climb has a lot of ice for early season. The approach ice is thick enough for screws. We climbed the next pitches on the left, finding featured, brittle ice. We climbed the final 70m in 2 pitches, there were great cave belays. These pitches sported technical mushrooms and severe lensing. The bolt anchor was accessible.

The Parkway is covered in compressed snow.

Brent Peters
Alpine Guide
Yamnuska Mountain Adventure
facebook.com/icelinescanadianrockies