[MCR] Moonlight, Snowline, 2low4zero

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Nov 22 20:33:11 EST 2013

Yesterday, friends Carlos, Nathalie and I climbed Moonlight and
Snowline.

The approach bootpack travels along the left side of the creek until nearly below the routes where it was possible to cross the creek on a marginal ice dam.

P1 of Moonlight was brittle. The bolts in the cave are a high reach. P2 was very wet.

P1 of Snowline was quite thin. There is an old piton on the right at 5m, an old bolt on the left at 15m, and the old station on the right at 25m. Bring a rack of 10 and 13cm screws. I ran the pitch 65m to the prominent ledge where I found a bolt anchor between Moonlight and Snowline.

2low4zero has a lot of ice. Only the first bolt was visible.

Brent Peters
Alpine Guide
Yamnuska Mountain Adventures
facebook.com/icelinescanadianrockies