[MCR] Mount Victoria Sept 11th

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Sep 12 11:04:25 EDT 2013

I guided Mount Victoria on September 11th from Abbot Hut to the south
summit, and descending the Huber Glacier and Huber Ledges to Lake O'Hara.
Conditions were excellent, it is very dry on the ridge. We used crampons on
the Sickle and descending the gully to the Huber Glacier. Crossing the
bergschrund onto the Huber Glacier was fairly easy. I put in a v-thread to
rappel across a fairly well bridged schrund. There are still good schrund
crossing points to ascend from the Huber Glacier onto Mount Victoria if you
want to climb up that route.

cid:679B718E-EB41-4CB3-90E2-AB3D182411D7

Regards,

Jordy Shepherd

ACMG / IFMGA Mountain Guide

Email: jordy at peakalpine.com