[MCR] Rogers Pass, Youngs Peak

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Aug 27 19:49:06 EDT 2014

I guided an ascent of the Northwest Face of Youngs Peak today, August 27th. We stayed on the south edge of the glacier to take advantage of the snow that is left. There is rockfall danger from the Southwest Ridge as you gain the steepest face of the glacier. We moved into the centre and away from the SW Ridge. Three 60 metre pitches of low angle ice climbing saw us onto the upper snow covered glacier where crevasses were easily walked around.

We rappeled the ice pitches off of an initial snow anchor (a forearm sized rock T slotted) and abalakovs.

A very pleasant outing.

Mountain Guide, Barry Blanchard, live from the Asulkan Hut.
Yamnuska Mountain Adventures

Sent from my iThingy