[MCR] Rockies - Cascade Falls

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Dec 30 23:06:14 EST 2014

Today, I guided Mike on a sunny ascent of Cascade Falls. With the current low avalanche hazard and the cold, it was a popular venue. I counted 7 parties at various places along the route.

Last week this climb had fallen down; this week it protects well. The crux pitches showcase featured mushroom climbing. Given the recent temps, the ice was a bit brittle but it softened up in the sun. There is some water on the climb but 2 parties were still able to climb the crux pitches side by each.

We enjoyed less than 5cms of fresh snow on the walk off.

Brent Peters
Alpine Guide
PeakStratagem.com