[MCR] Rockies-Lake O'Hara Feb 10th, 2014

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Feb 10 15:46:09 EST 2014

Couple of notes from Lake O’Hara.

The ice climb “Girls Day Out” is in. "Sad and Beautiful World” is there but would have a scrawny start on low angle ice. “Cool Water, Good Stone” is almost all stone. Falls across the lake are full of ice.

The, I believe, unclimbed waterfall ice line on the west face of Hungabee is as big as I have ever seen it and the face above also has more ice than usual and not much snow.

Lefroy west face is DRY-no skiing there for a long time yet I assume.

And for those of a Nordic inclination, all 11km of the road should be well track set for all of February and March for classic and skate skiing.

Larry Stanier
ACMG Mountain Guide
laristan at telus.net