[MCR] Yoho Ice Climbs

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Feb 11 21:07:41 EST 2014

Recreational day in Field. We climbed Coal Miner's Daughter and Bubble Wrap
Blues BEFORE the sun came out.

Notes:

10cms of fresh on top of temperature crust. Right now, not slabbed, but
loose and ready for transport.

Snow mushrooms were failing in the afternoon with rising temps. They are
basically ice given the past weeks of warm temps. Caution is advised
anywhere there are snow mushrooms overhead.

Brittle ice today with new ice flowing over snow creating lensing,
something we haven't seen much of yet this season, given the lack of snow.

Brent Peters
Alpine Guide
Yamnuska Mountain Adventures
www.peakstratagem.com