[MCR] Special Public Avalanche Warning

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Feb 20 15:03:45 EST 2014

The CAC has issued a Special Public Avalanche Warning for most regions, which will be in effect until next week. You can access the SPAW using this url: http://www.avalanche.ca/uploads/SPAW/SPAW%20Feb%2020.pdf or by clicking the link on any of our website's pages (www.avalanche.ca/cac<http://www.avalanche.ca/cac>).

This is a tricky time and it will require some real heads-up thinking to steer clear of trouble for the next while. Everyone's hungry for the powder right now and if we get sunny, blue-sky conditions as forecast in the next few days, it will take a lot of patience and discipline to manage risk. There's a few posts on our Forecaster and South Rockies blogs at http://blogs.avalanche.ca/ where we discuss the situation and offer advice for staying safe.

Our conditions summaries and long-range outlooks are on the blog site as well and help provide some context.

Stay safe.

Karl Klassen - Manager, Public Avalanche Warning Service
Canadian Avalanche Centre kklassen at avalanche.ca<mailto:kklassen at avalanche.ca>