[MCR] Rogers Pass, Glacier National Park January 2, 2014

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Jan 3 00:27:17 EST 2014

Excellent ski quality today on the 'practice slopes' up the Illecillewaet Valley today in Glacier Park. Snowing 1-2 cm/hr all day, and still dumping large white flakes at 9:00 pm in Revelstoke. Some photos are posted on my Facebook page. It was surprisingly not busy, we had the area to ourselves all day.

At 1700m on a SW aspect there was a 160cm snowpack. No results with compression tests in a test profile. No avalanche activity was observed, but visibility was limited.

Continuous heavy snowfall is continuing in the Selkirks and Monashees. Play safe if you venture out tomorrow!

Jordy Shepherd
ACMG / IFMGA Mountain Guide
Web: www.PeakAlpine.com
Twitter: @JordyCanmore