[MCR] Rockies, Louise Falls

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Jan 13 08:16:10 EST 2014

I guided on Louise Falls yesterday, Jan 12th. Being the second party there I talked to my fellow guide, Marco, and me and my guest took the left side of the climb while Marco and his guest took the right. I enlarged a step through window onto the pillar. The left side of the pillar is a grade harder than the right right now and the routes come together for the last couple of meters so climbing the pillar at the same time as a party on the right is not a good idea. Lots of room to split left and right above the pillar.

Strong westerly winds all day up high raking the snow mercilessly. Some strong gusts on the climb. We saw no evidence of recent avalanches but strong winds will cover things up quick.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com