[MCR] Tantalus and Garibaldi flight observation January 16th

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Jan 18 21:26:12 EST 2014

Hi,

It was a very nice day flying yesterday on January 16th in the Tantalus
Range , Black Tusk and Garibaldi Neve. We did not observe any natural
avalanches on the Tantalus North side and Garibaldi North-East face, Atwell
East. We did observe a large fracture line on the East/South side of South
Ridge of Garibaldi, at elevation 2580m, just below the big cornice which
probably caused the slide. Glaciers were covered similarly to observances
in previous December seasons. The bergshround on Garibaldi is well covered
and from my previous experiences, you can skin all the way to the summit.
Strong winds from last week has brought some hazards for the rest of the
season...

photos on this link:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Climb-The-Peaks-with-Klemen-Mali/142938699054285

*Klemen Mali*