[MCR] Curtain Call

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Jan 20 11:58:26 EST 2014

I had the distinct honour of guiding Curtain Call (Route #53, *IceLines -
Select Waterfalls of the Canadian Rockies*) yesterday with Gord Bridgeman
and Kendra Stritch for Yamnuska Mountain Adventures.

We found similar conditions to Marco's MCR. Some notes: the way the route
is currently formed, it is best to belay 5m up on the apron (either side
would work, you can walk behind the lower pillar). The lower pillar climbs
and protects best front and centre (unconsolidated chandelier on the
sides). After 40m (v-thread atop the pillar) I traversed right on the large
petals to belay in the alcove beside the upper pillar (60m from the apron
belay). The upper pillar is filling in and traversing behind it would be
challenging. 40m from here to the top v-threads. From the top v-threads,
its 60m back down to the v-thread atop the lower pillar. 60m from here down
to the ground.

Thanks to Marco's team and John Price's team for all the cleaning the past
couple of days. The route climbs and protects well right now and is mostly
dry.

Brent Peters
Alpine Guide
www.yamnuska.com