[MCR] Silk Tassel/Bubble Wrap Blues

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Jan 26 17:39:47 EST 2014

My guest and I climbed both routes today January 26th.
Temperature was -8c at 0815 at the parking area and winds were calm.

Both routes are in great shape, but BWB offering steeper, more technical ice with harder to find screw placements in the first 15 meters. We followed a boot pack trail made from the party of 3 in front of us up through the alders to the edge of the gully below the routes. From there we hiked up firm avalanche debris to the base in 35 minutes total.
The sun was quite strong when it came back out from behind Mt. Stephen at 12:30 pm, just before our descent back to the car.
No avalanches observed. Winds seemed to be calm all the way to ridge tops in the Field area today.