[MCR] Ten Peaks Traverse

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Tue Jul 15 18:26:56 EDT 2014

A guest and I completed part of the Ten Peaks Traverse starting at Wenkchemna Pass on Saturday.  The ridge up Neptuak is dry with just enough snow patches to fill your water bottle every few hours.  There are good bivi sites between Neptuak and Deltaform with running water from snow melt.  The descent down the East Ridge of Deltaform has patches of snow that are waist deep in spots.  There are a lot of well equipped stations along the way. We skipped Tuzo, given its current condition.  The ridges on Allan and Perren are dry.  We enjoyed a sunrise on the top of Mt. Fay early this morning.  Alpine low temperatures were in the 10 deg range offering no freezes.  Despite the temperatures, foot penetration was only to the top of the boot, unless you were in shallow sections (80cm), in which case you post-holed to the ice below.

James Madden
ACMG MG
Yamnuska.com