[MCR] Mt. Louis and Cory Pass Hike

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Jul 17 14:38:03 EDT 2014

We climbed the Kain Route on Mt. Louis yesterday on a hot and quiet day in
the area. We left the car at 3.30 to avoid the heat at least for the walk-in
and the scrambling sections of the lower part of the route. The mountain is
in prime summer condition with some residual snow patches lingering around
the base but not affecting the approach. There is still some melt water
running in various ravines, such as the one on the scrambling part of the
descent.

Of interest also for the hikers, the northern aspect trail into Cory Pass is
entirely dry and the trail looked in good shape. There is lots of water
running in the creek along the trail below Edit Pass, which was welcome on
the walk out.

Very hazy / smoky today in Canmore - can barely make out the mountains on
the other side of the valley.

Jorg Wilz

Mountain Guide ACMG / IFMGA

OnTop ltd.