[MCR] Little Yoho Valley

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Jul 20 00:30:35 EDT 2014

I just spent the past seven days at the Stanley Mitchell Hut with the
Toronto ACC section's Mountain Mentor Program.

We climbed Isolated Peak, Macarthur, Kerr South, Pollinger, President &
Vice President, and the Whaleback ridge traverse.

Great conditions, with excellent snow coverage on the glaciers and good
travel, even on snow patches, despite almost no overnight freezes
(exception being Thursday morning with a light radiation freeze).

There was a recent (past week or two?) size 3 avalanche out of one of the
couloirs off Vice President, north facing aspect, down to glacier ice, with
a crown estimated at 3 m+ running several hundred metres.

Regards,

Tom Wolfe
Mountain Guide ACMG/IFMGA
www.sawback.com