[MCR] photo of bugaboo-snowpatch col

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sun Jul 27 22:58:49 EDT 2014

Here is a photo of the Bugaboo-Snowpatch Col from this morning.
Although we did not travel on it, you can see many people negotiating the 'schund in the morning.
We travelled on the Bugaboo glacier from the Kain hut and found snow at the toe, and good overnight freezes the last two nights. There is still recent storm snow making the glacier look deceptively less crevassed in places.
Day time warming resulted in slushy snow conditions with ankle deep penetration and many weak bridges over crevasses near the firn line (dry ice/summer snow line on the glacier).
There is still snow on rock ledges near the summits of even solar aspects on the major formations like bugaboo and snow patch. We heard a report of icy cracks on Pigeon.

Jen Olson
working with Tim McAllister and Kirk Mauthner, all ACMG/IFMGA guides.
for the Conrad Kain Centennial Society, Bugaboo Teen Camp 2014

IMG_0353

jen olson
www.jenolson.ca