[MCR] Rockies, Mt Niblock

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Jul 26 08:33:18 EDT 2014

I guided an ascent of Mt Niblock from Lake Agnes yesterday, July 25th. It felt like a fall day up there with new snow pushed into the lees by blustery winds, fresh icicles clinging to overhangs and verglas above 9000 feet (we didn't take crampons and did not need them). It will all change quickly on the sunny sides of the mountains today with the return of the hot sun, but may linger for a bit on the high shady north sides. Lots of water running off from the new snow.

www.barryblanchard.ca
www.yamnuska.com