[MCR] Wasootch Ridge, Fisher Range, Kananaskis Country

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Jun 14 00:55:01 EDT 2014

Just a few tidbits for the hikers/scramblers out there wondering where the snowline is at.

A friend and I hiked most of the way along Wasootch ridge on the 12th. There was no snow on the trail at all. The first small snow patches we did see started at 1870m, at which point they were off to the side of the trail on the lee side of the ridge. We stopped at 2120m for lunch with a clear view of the rest of the ridge to the true summit, which was also snow-free. A nice island of dry early-season travel.

If you missed out on seeing some prairie crocuses this spring, there are still a few of the little beauties blooming up there!

Cheers,
Jen Stelfox
HG