[MCR] Colin Range Jasper National Park

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Thu Sep 18 18:51:15 EDT 2014

Colin Range Jasper National Park:

Over the the past week the Colin Range dried up allowing for ascents of Guides Route on Morro Peak, Cadot Crack and Mount Colin's SW Face Dir. We found all routes were dry with only some snow patches left dripping in the sun that didn't effect our lines.

Mount Colin: South-West Face Direct

The approach trail was improved this summer up to the ACC Colin Hut thanks to Peter Ammon which was much appreciated. Water can still be found running strong in the creek next to the Hut. On the route we came across the crux pitch (2nd last pitch-slab move) to no longer have a piton to protect the crux move off the belay. So just a heads up if your heading up there, A number 3 or 4 Lost Arrow would do the trick.

Ryan Titchener

Apt Alpine

Sent from Windows Mail