[MCR] Yamnuska

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Sep 17 23:21:11 EDT 2014

Hello Everyone,

I guided the Red Shirt route on Yamnuska today.  There are numerous trees
and limbs down from the snow load last week on the approach trail down low.

The route is dry top to bottom but the routes to the west of the Red Shirt
still had some lingering snow patches which were seeping up high as the day
heated up. There is more snow on the northerly and sheltered areas on the
descent trail as well but we weren't post-holing either.

We also observed a black bear today approximately 150 meters below the base
of the wall.  We hollered on the way down and took the normal precautions.
Taking bear spray along these days in the provincial and federal mountain
parks doesn't seem like too bad an idea as the bears are out stuffing
themselves and the berry crop wasn't bumper.

Enjoy the rest of the fine late summer weather.

Take Care,

Paddy Jerome, MG
*Yamnuska Mountain Adventures*
*403.678.4164*