[MCR] Glacier and Mt. Revelstoke Park conditions

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Fri Apr 10 17:37:17 EDT 2015

Hey Gang,

I have been skiing in both Glacier and Mt. Revelstoke parks over this last
week - conditions are as stated in previous MCR's - amazing spring
conditions (okay more like winter than this winter was)!.

The only thing I wanted to add, is that the great ski conditions, were also
great Surface Hoar growing conditions.

The light winds and clear skies have allowed for significant surface hoar
(5-10mm.) formation on higher elevation N. Aspects - this is now covered by
last night's snowfall. The outlook is for a bit of snow over the next while
which may lead to a significant enough load for this interface to become
reactive to skiers.

This last week allowed for some pretty aggressive ski lines, I know when I
get back out I will be choosing some moderate lines to check on the bonding
of this next storm's snow, before I ascend something like Young's Peak
headwall ;-) !

Cheers,

Scott Davis

ACMG Mountain Guide