[MCR] Mt Assiniboine, NE Ridge, August 2

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Wed Aug 5 03:08:33 EDT 2015

I guided the NE Ridge of Mt Assiniboine on August 2.

The high freezing levels of the previous two days had helped clear the
mountain of snow, and we were able to summit without crampons. This may
have recently changed for the worst...

The new rappel anchors are very useful and much appreciated.

On another note, I found a pair of glasses and several sets of contacts
that had been left behind in the Hind Hut. I brought these out with me
and they can be claimed at the Yamnuska office in Canmore.

Take care,

Grant Meekins
ACMG Mountain Guide
Yamnuska Mountain Adventures <http://yamnuska.com/>