[MCR] Rockies-Lake O'Hara Ice and snow- February 2nd.

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Mon Feb 2 21:38:58 EST 2015

Just out of O’Hara today.  The ice climbs on Wiwaxy peak are about as big as I have ever seen them.

"Sad and Beautiful World" looks good and has a parallel line that I don’t remember seeing before. (Happy and Ugly World?) "Cool Water Good Stone" is ice from top to bottom. (Cool Water, No Stone?) "Girls Day Out" is fat (best leave that one alone:) and the snow on the approach was rock hard as of this afternoon.

Ski travel was good and we had no real concerns on fairly steep terrain treeline and below. There must be some windslabs up high though as the wind picked up today. The road was beautifully track set for classic and skate skiing this afternoon if you want to get your nordic on.

Larry Stanier
Mountain Guide
laristan at telus.net