[MCR] South Coast Mountains Hurley Pass Area

Public Mountain Conditions Report mcr at informalex.org
Sat Nov 14 11:54:56 EST 2015

I was up in the Hurley Pass area for the last couple of days.At tree line there is now 80cm+. Many North facing slopes I got to where whoomfing and cracking.
I did a full pit at 1750m and found a layer of very reactive Surface Hoar 10mm (probably cover on Nov 5th) 22cm above the ground.
I got two Extended Column Test results at 22cm and 35cm above ground (upper result might be Surface Hoar covered Nov 10) both on the 13th hit and went sudden planer.Also a Moderate Compression Test (sudden planer)at 22cm.
At least one slide path slid to near valley bottom thursday night. But visability was limited.
Above 1600m creeks are filling in and getting cover over.

Have a great weekend but be careful if you are going that direction!
Dave Sarkany

Sent from my Samsung device