[PCNJ-news] PCNJ News & Updates - Pride Weekend Special!

pridecenter-news at pridecenter.org pridecenter-news at pridecenter.org
Thu Jun 2 20:31:28 EDT 2005

The Pride Center of New Jersey
News & Updates - June 3, 2005

See www.pridecenter.org for lot's more group and
activity information!

1. COLOSSEUM BENEFIT - June 3
2. QUEER-MUSE-A-MIC-A-PALOOZA - June 4
3. NJ PRIDE - June 5
4. OLDIES DANCE - June 11
5. AIDS WALK!  - June 12

1. COLOSSEUM BENEFIT - June 3
DANCE! This Friday night June 3 is PRIDE NIGHT at CLUB
COLOSSEUM in Sayreville (732-316-0670). Doors open at
9pm. HERE'S WHAT'S HAPPENING ALL NIGHT LONG or till
the neighbors call the cops: Reggae Tone, Techno,
House,R&B and Hip-Hop music, drink specials, sexy
dancers [yes, it's here in the copy], free giveaways!
Door admission is 10 bucks, and a portion of these
proceeds will go to The Pride Center, New Jersey's
LGBTIQ Community Center providing informational
resources, recreational activates, and meeting space
to over two dozen LGBTIQ support groups.
it's time to enjoy some proud expressionization
at the first ever

2. QUEER-MUSE-A-MIC-A-PALOOZA - June 4
come down and start off your Jersey Pride celebration
with a wonderful celebration of music and expression!
at the Berkeley Carteret Oceanfront Hotel
1401 Ocean Avenue, Asbury Park
7:00 - 8:00 listening party with Bill Stella!
great music, great musicians
8:00 - 10:30 open-mic with Pandora Scooter!
Come on DOWN all musicians, singers, poets,
expressionists and listeners!
It's OUT OF THE BOX in ASBURY PARK!!!
Me, Stephen and Mac will be there and
we hope you will be there, too, to celebrate, share,
and listen...
as always listeners and sharers alike are welcome
$5 suggested donation
Hope to see you there!
The Berkeley Room at Asbury Park's Berkeley-Carteret
Hotel is the place. Arrive early for the best seating
for the Queer Music listening party and the Open Mic
sign up.  It's a destination you won't forget!

3. NJ PRIDE - June 5
NJ's 14th Annual LGBTI Pride Celebration sponsored by
Bank of America and presented by Jersey Pride will be
held on Sunday, June 5th in Asbury Park,
NJ. The pride celebration is rain or shine and runs
from noon to 7 PM. The Pride Celebration features
headline performers, the best in local, regional
and national entertainment, great food, arts and
crafts, community information, NJ's largest outdoor
display of the Names Project AIDS Memorial  Quilt,
exhibits, a parade, and plenty of activities for the
entire family. All are welcome and encouraged to
participate.
Jersey Pride has assembled a star-studded line-up that
will keep the crowd on their feet and dancing
throughout the day.  Headlining the 2005 Rally stage
will be "Amber", who has amassed a string of worldwide
smash hits that include "This is Your Night", "Sexual
(Li Da Di)", "Yes!", "If You Could Read My Mind", and
"Love One Another".  Not only is Amber an incredible
performer, but she has truly reached out and embraced
her gay fans like no other artist. Her
acknowledgements on "Naked" included: "To the gay
community -- you know I have to give you a special
shout out! I have nothing but love for you -- because
that is all I experience when I am around you. Thank
you for your undying support." Amber's latest release
"My Kind of World" is receiving rave reviews from
critics and fans alike. The first single, "You Move
Me," is her 10th top 10 hit on the Hot Dance Club Play
chart and her second single
"Voodoo" will be released in May.  Check out Amber at
www.amber-mcc.com.

4. OLDIES DANCE
Look, Gidget! It's The Oldies Dance!
Celebrate Gay Pride Month The Classic Way
Shake out your poodle skirt! Polish your saddle shoes!
The Oldies Dance!
A Benefit for The Pride Center of New Jersey
Saturday, June 11, 8 pm - midnight
Knights of Columbus of Spotswood
30 Crescent Avenue, Spotswood, NJ
Buffet Dinner! Cash Bar! Live Music!
Dance to the doo-wop, Motown, and classic rock sounds
of Sidewalk Serenade, a six-member vocal group made up
of original members of the Be-Bops, Jersey Dream and
The Shoretones.
Win fabulous prizes in our gender-optional costume
contests:
Best "filled" sweater!
Best beehive hairdo!
Best "greaser" outfit!
Best hippie/beatnik look!
Hula-hoop contest, limbo & more! Professional
photographer is available to take your portrait.
Tickets are $45 per person and must be purchased in
advance. Please send checks, made payable to PCNJ, to
the attention of:
Laura Fragapane
20 B Ashley Rd.
Whiting, NJ 08759
For further information about this event, please
contact Laura at 732-350-9509 or festivegal at aol.com.

5. AIDS WALK!  - June 12
WALK!(or open a checkbook and let me WALK for you.)
Year after year, the good people at the Hyacinth AIDS
Foundation provide services to thousands of NJ
residents living with HIV/AIDS, and educate thousands
more on HIV and its prevention. AIDS Walk New Jersey
is the organization's largest fundraiser, a 10k trek
through New Brunswick which takes place this year on
Sunday, June 12th, starting at 12 noon from Rutgers'
Cook/Douglass College Campus. (See
www.awnj.org for more.) The Pride Center and NJ
Lesbian & Gay Coalition will have a walking contingent
which you are more than welcome to join. Or you can
sponsor me! Just hit reply & let me know what you'd
like to pledge. We'll work out payment details.