[PCNJ-news] PCNJ News & Updates - 1/29/06

pridecenter-news at pridecenter.org pridecenter-news at pridecenter.org
Sat Jan 28 11:00:17 EST 2006

The Pride Center of New Jersey
News & Updates - January 29, 2006

To Subscribe/Unsubscribe to our E-News, go to:

See www.pridecenter.org for lot's more group and
activity information!

1. NEW GROUP! OVEREATERS ANONYMOUS
2. PCNJ 4th ANNUAL VALENTINE's DAY GALA - Feb 18
3. CLUBFEST - Apr 8
4. AALLU CONFERENCE - Mar 4-5

1. NEW GROUP! OVEREATERS ANONYMOUS
Overeater's Anonymous: Mondays, 7:30pm. A program of
recovery for compulsive overeaters using the 12 Steps
and 12 Traditions. Although the only requirement for
membership is a desire to stop eating compulsively,
there will be a GLBT special focus. For more
information, please contact Mark D. at 973-879-3038.

2. PCNJ 4th ANNUAL VALENTINE's DAY GALA - Feb 18

PCNJ 4th Annual Valentine's Dance

Saturday, February 18

7pm - 12 midnight

Doors open at 6:30p

Location: The Holiday Inn
360 Forsgate Drive
Monroe Township NJ
Phone: 609-655-4775

Cost: Members - $48 per person
Non-members - $55 per person

Please make check payable to PCNJ and mail to:
Laura Fragapane
20B Ashley Road
Whiting NJ 08759
Payment must be made in advance!

Schedule: 7 - 8pm hors d'oevres poolside.
Dinner buffet begins 8pm with cash bar, live music and
door prizes.

Back by popular demand. Cosmic Entertainment.

Room rates: $95 plus tax includes breakfast for two in
the morning. Call hotel directly and ask for Pride
Center rate.

Any questions, contact Laura at 732-350-9509

3. CLUBFEST - Apr 8
CLUBFEST IS BACK THIS SPRING!
April 8th
8-midnight
Entertainment by Josh Zuckerman & Music By Nicol
Food, Desserts, Cash Bar.
Pool, Steam Room, Sauna, Basketball, Volleyball,
Racquetball
Entry: $20.00 for members $25.00 for non members.
Vendors can display tables will ($50.00)

4. AALLU CONFERENCE - Mar 4-5
African Asian Latina Lesbians United

Proudly Presents
.

9th Annual
Eastern Regional Womyn of Colour Conference

Shaping & Defining Your Future:
Personally, Physically, and Politically

Saturday & Sunday, March 4 - 5, 2006
Rutgers University, Newark NJ

This two-day conference will provide enlightening
workshops that will address our intellectual,
emotional, and spiritual being. It will focus on the
uniqueness of our diversity as well as our individual
strengths. The days will include several empowering
workshops addressing these topics of interest and
concerns for womyn, as well as entertainment, arts and
so much more.

The conference is being planned by several womyn of
colour organizations and individuals who contribute
greatly to the l/g/b/t/i community. Some of the
invited organizations consist of:

Audre Lorde Project (ALP)
Liberation in Truth Unity Fellowship Church
Metropolitan Community Church of Christ the Liberator
New Jersey Pride Center
Sable Magazine

South Asian Lesbians and Gay
Assoc. (SALGA)

South Jersey Lesbians of Colour (SJLOC)

Workshop topics will include sex and sexuality,
spirituality, labor issues, legal concerns, racism or
sexism among women, bi-cultural relationships,
community violence, mental and physical health & well
being, parenting/adoption/family issues, finance and
real estate.

Each registered participant will receive free valuable
give-a ways just for attending this event. Complete
hot gourmet breakfast and lunch will be provided.

Advance Registration: $75.00 if purchased before
1/31/06
$95.00 after 1/31/06
NO ON SITE REGISTRATION ALLOWED

Interpreters will be available upon request

For hotel accommodations contact the Hampton Inn &
Suites 973 483 1900 ask for the AALLU Conference Rate
- Space is Limited!

Vendors Welcomed! Contact Marybeth at 973 783 - 6788
or marybethboger at hotmail.com

Volunteers Needed! Contact Burley at 917 837 - 3775 or
Burley.Tuggle at mdrc.org

For more information contact us at 732 679 - 7687 or
e-mail at tyaalu at yahoo.com

Visit http://www.celebratesisterhood.org/ for more info