PCNJ E-News Information on LGBT Donations to Haiti

PCNJ News pridecenter-news at pridecenter.org
Fri Jan 15 19:11:15 EST 2010

The Pride Center of New Jersey
New Jersey's LGBT Coummunity Center
85 Raritan Avenue   Highland Park, NJ
www.pridecenter.org.

Below is information from two organizations through which you can channel donations to the LGBT earthquake victims in Haiti.

Rainbow Humanitarianism Newsletter
Our Compassion in Action!
LGBT People Responding to World Need
www.rainbowfund.org

Earthquake in Haiti

A magnitude 7.1 earthquake struck the Caribbean island nation of Haiti on Tuesday, January 12 near the capital city, Port-au-Prince, causing wide spread damage. Many building have collapsed and hundreds of dead are lying in the streets. Currently there is no official death toll,
thousand have been injured and many remain unaccounted for. Water and
power services are out due to the severe damage to the already fragile
infrastructure. Ten's of thousands are now homeless.
Since 2004, Rainbow World Fund has supported ongoing projects in Haiti focusing on improving nutrition and developing safe drinking water access. We have been able to help improve the lives of thousands of Haitians.
Please be part of the LGBT community's emergency response
You can make a difference! Help grow RWF's current aid commitment of $35,000. Our disaster relief
partner, CARE, is already on the ground providing emergency food, safe
water, plastic for shelter, blankets, and basic medicines. 100% of your donation will go to these life saving services. Every donation no matter how small will help.
Donate online at: http://www.rainbowfund.org/donate specify "Haiti"
Donate by check at: Rainbow World Fund, 4111 - 18th Street, Suite 5, San Francisco, CA 94114.

--

Dear IGLHRC Supporter:
By

We
were having our usual support group meeting on a quiet Tuesday
afternoon when the worst happened. The sound is unforgettable. I can't
even describe the horror as the ceiling and the wall of the conference
room started to fall and the chaos started. Fourteen young men were
lost forever in the earthquake. Paul Emile, the leader of the group,
and Stacy were the only survivors.
It
is now more than ever that SEROvie and ACCV (Civic Action Against HIV)
are needed to provide the quality services we have been providing to
our beneficiaries: food, clothes, and any type of help is needed for
our members. Any help will do.
Light a candle for these souls and for Haiti. Lord help us.

IGLHRC has sent funds directly to SEROvie to allow their services and supplies to continue to reach their LGBT and HIV-affected clients in Haiti.
We are also providing funds to groups such as Colectiva Mujer y Salud,
a feminist Dominican organization that has crossed the border into
Haiti in order to assist with direct relief to our communities and to
the many other victims.
If you are able to contribute directly to these relief efforts, please donate here.
One hundred percent of contributions made through this page will go directly to our friends and colleagues in Haiti.
In
this time of crisis and need, please support the courageous and
necessary relief work being done to help the people of Haiti,
regardless of where you donate your money, supplies, or time.
Sincerely,

Cary Alan Johnson

Executive Director

International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission

   IGLHRC | 80 Maiden Lane, Suite 1505 | New York, NY 10038 | phone: 212.430.6054 | fax: 212.430.6060 |

If you received this message in error or no longer wish to be on our email list, please unsubscribe by going to our website.

.AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; } .AOLWebSuite a {color:blue; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer} .AOLWebSuite a.hsSig {cursor: default}