PCNJ E-News January 14, 2010

PCNJ News pridecenter-news at pridecenter.org
Wed Jan 13 18:54:27 EST 2010

The
PRIDE CENTER
OF NEW JERSEY

E-News

85 Raritan
Avenue     Highland Park, New Jersey

January 14, 2010

The Pride Center is now located at a great new location
at 85 Raritan
Avenue, Suite 100, Highland Park!
We invite you to come visit us at our new, larger location!

1. Speed Dating - January 302. OOTB - January 153. MOVIE NIGHT - January 164. Eighth Annual Valentine's Gala - February 135. This Week at The Pride Center of NJ

1. Speed Dating - January 30
Rescheduled
due
to snow.
Speed
Dating

January
30th, 2010

Two sessions of speed dating fun!

Session 1:
Ages 21 - 35

7:45pm till 8:15pm

Session 2:
Ages 21 and over

8:45pm till 9:15pm

Men’s
 and  Women's
groups

Click for details:  http://pridecenter.org/speeddating/

2. OOTB - January 15

OUT OF THE BOX 2010 is coming this FRIDAY!

Friday, January 15th 2010
8:00 to 10:30 pm

Come celebrate poetry, song, music, comedy, juggling (yes, we've had
it), stripping (yes, we've had that, too), monologuing, ranting,
political letters of the editor (yep), air guitar and OPEN HEARTED,
WONDERFUL Listening!!!

Listeners & Sharers welcome alike!

OUT OF THE BOX is an open-mic for ALL TYPES OF PERFORMERS

It's held at
THE CAVE (at the Reformed Church of Highland Park)
19-21 South 2nd Avenue, Highland Park, NJ

directions from New Brunswick: take Route 27/Raritan Avenue *past*
2nd Avenue. Look for a Municipal Parking Lot on your right. Turn right
into the parking lot. Park anywhere. The entrance to the Cave is along
the side Parking Lot.

Admission: $5 (donation) / $3 for students
Light Gnosh and Low Octane Beverages Served
Hosted by Pandora Scooter and Stephen Jones

...how this works...doors open around 7:45 pm. folks come on by and
sign up on the list as they arrive. every effort is made to make sure
everyone who signs up will be given time up on the mic to share.
priority is given to those who get there earlier, but if there's room,
we'll fit everyone in, if possible. count on having around 6 minutes if
there are lots of folks (15 or more), and up to 8 if there aren't. if
you have a piece that is more than 6 minutes, check in with either
Pandora or Stephen and we'll figure something out!

3. MOVIE NIGHT - January 16

Pride Center of New Jersey Presents:

An evening with director

Reno Dakota

and his film American Fabulous

"Nobody could make this up and even if they could... Why would they want to?"
American Fabulous is
the videotaped oral history of Jeffrey Allen Strouth as compiled by his
close friend, Reno Dakota. Completed in 1991 and filmed on a Hi-8
camcorder, it is one gay man's funny, edgy, and trashy take on the
world from the back seat of a 1957 Sedan de Ville.

 Location: Pride Center of NJ - New Location (see below)

Date: Saturday, January 16

Time: 7PM - 10PM

4. Eighth Annual Valentine's Gala - February 13
The Pride Center of NJ
invites
couples and singles to join us at our 8th annual
Valentine's
Day Gala
Saturday,
February 13, 2010
7pm
to Midnight
Crowne
Plaza Hotel
100
Davidson Avenue, Somerset NJ
$60/Members;
$65.00/non-members
RSVP
by 1/31/10.  Mail/make checks payable to
PCNJ,
P.O. Box 106, Whiting NJ 08759
or
pay via PayPal at www.pridecenter.org/vdance/

For
info contact: Bob Weiss at jerseyprideguy at aol.com

Click for details: http://pridecenter.org/images/VdayFlyer_2010_000.jpg

Special
room rate of $99 includes two free breakfasts!
Call
732-560-0500
www.crowneplaza.com

5. This Week at The Pride Center of New Jersey
Jan 14

6:30 pm

-8:30 pm

:
RainboWomen

Jan 14 •

7:00 pm

-8:30 pm

:
Writers Group [Room3]
Jan 15 •

7:00 pm

-10:00 pm

:
NJ Furries Art Workshop [Room1&2]
Jan 16 •

7:00 pm

-10:00 pm

:
Karaoke Party - Rm #1 & #2
Jan 17 •

4:00 pm

-6:00 pm

:
TrueSelves (TransSupport) [Room1]

Jan 17 •

7:30 pm

-8:30 pm

:
Orthodykes [Room1]
Jan 18 •

7:00 pm

-10:00 pm

:
ON HIATUS until Jan. 11 - Art Space of NJ [Room3]

Jan 18 •

7:30 pm

-8:30 pm

: