[Slowhand] Administrivia: MIME format

David Hillman hillman at planet-torque.com
Wed Oct 15 23:49:30 EDT 2003

Tony wrote...
> Sending messages to the SD WILL NOT DO
> IT.......here are the instructions, once again..............T
>
> * You can now choose to receive the Digest as MIME-encoded, or plain
> text.  The latter may not look pretty until I get HTML content-rejection
> straightened out, or everyone stops sending HTML in text messages.
> You'll have to get a password to do so, and there are a few other
> options you might be interested in at;

   Thanks Tony.  Contrary to what a few people apparently think,
maintaining this list does not pay my mortgage, nor is it my fulltime job.

   Quite a lot of this list is now self-service, but you have to pay
attention, and read the applicable instructions.  I don't think that's
too much to ask.  If you want full-service, you better be prepared to tip
really generously.

   I believe I mentioned that we switched list software versions, a few
days after the "big switch".  This had the unfortunate side-effect of
switching everyone back to MIME from plain text.  Equally unfortunately,
there's no way for me change that across the board.  I may, eventually,
get around to changing all 2,000 subscriptions manually, but I'm sure you
can imagine how likely that is.

   If you don't want MIME, log into the administration interface at;