[Slowhand] RE: Slowhand Digest, Vol 1, Issue 20

Robert dablues at austin.rr.com
Sun Oct 26 15:02:43 EST 2003

> He's supposedly working on one. Reason I know this is because
> I'm a big fan of Doyle Bramhall II, and if you go to Doyle's
> website it says that Doyle is in England working with Eric
> on his new album. http://www.doylebramhall2nd.com
>
> I just pray that Doyle is not the opening act for live shows.  I
> saw 7 shows
> on the last tour and I have never seen so many people walk out on
> an opening
> act. Doyle needs to learn the volume knob on his amp can be turned down.

Well aren't most of Eric's fans a bit older?  hehe Nah.....what I hear
happened
was that Doyle was not doing a sound check before the shows which is kinda
bad IMHO. That's why his sound was off. There were a lot of complaints even
by Doyle fans that the sound was crappy and some even questioned why the
sound engineers weren't fixing that.  Doyle was interviewed and asked about
the sound problems after the tour was over and he said that the reason he
was
not doing a sound check was because Eric was not doing one either. The thing
is that Eric's sound engineers already know exactly how to tweak Eric's
sound
and not Doyle's. I think that is why Doyle's set sounded bad.