[Slowhand] RE: Doyle as opening act for Clapton

ToeKneeF slowhandnj at comcast.net
Sun Oct 26 13:30:00 EST 2003

Sorry, Steve, I don't think it was the volume. His sound was muddy and
quite frankly there was not much to say about the caliber of his
performance. While suffering through his opening set, I was struck by
how weak his singing was and his solos were unimaginative and one
dimensional. I bought the Arc Angels CD and was not impressed. Then,
based on his association with EC, I bough the Jellycream CD, again not
impressed at all. I just can't see what all the fuss is about. Its a
shame, because he does have the lineage, but I guess he is just not
front-man material.

If you want to hear some really kick-ass music from a Bramhall, listen
to one of his father's CDs. Doyle II fares better in a supporting role,
as his contribution to Fitchburg Street, his dad's latest CD, shows.
Doyle Sr. can sing rings around his progeny propelling his material to
some dizzying heights.
temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. "
Benjamin Franklin